[MLton] MLton rules! (was: filedes = int)

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:48:59 +1000

--=-NBaGa7zhqdd5AXt99Bka

> I also have an amd64, and I happily run both 32bit and 64bit apps.
> gcc -m32 or -m64 is all I need to specify.

* I doubt Ubuntu has 32 bit gmp (it's debian based).

* gcc -m32 just doesn't work unless you install
the right extra packages ;(

* I surely do NOT want x86 versions of every dang library.

Why should libgmp be 'fundamental'?
Python provides big ints, it doesn't use it.
Ocaml provides big ints, it doesn't use it.
Felix is unlikely to use it as standard
because it has a GNU licence.

Does MLton *compiler* actually need it?

--=20
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>

--=-NBaGa7zhqdd5AXt99Bka

--=-NBaGa7zhqdd5AXt99Bka--