[MLton] Subversion

Florian Weimer fw@deneb.enyo.de
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:12:02 +0200

* Stephen Weeks:

> The (potential) drawback for the MLton project would be losing old
> revisions and tags.  I haven't played around with the SVN tools for
> migrating CVS repositories, but I was less than enthused about their
> accuracy after reading the documentation.  I'd be interested to hear
> others' experiences here.

The main source of problems are CVS bugs, when CVS created ,v files
which are not quite correct and can't even be read completely by CVS
itself.  Inconsistent tags can be problematic, too, but it's rather
straightforward to get rid of these.

Personally, I was bitten by some line-ending issues in binary files
which resulted in corrupted files.  I didn't investigate further,
though, because these files should not have been in the repository in
the first place.

If you provide a link to a tarball of the CVS repository itself, I
could try how well the conversion works.