[MLton] Re: Ray tracer update

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:25:53 -0700

> The MLton error format doesn't appear to be friendly to Emacs
> next-error parser i.e. I can't step through the errors using C-x `.
>
> The default mode for GNU Ada has the same incompatibility but the
> compiler has a --emacs option get it to generate Emacs friendly error
> messages.  Is there something equivalent for MLton or some other way
> of allowing Emacs to step through the errors?

The elisp code that I use on a daily basis to step through MLton
errors is in the MLton CVS.  There is a pointer to it at

  http://mlton.org/Emacs

It's not a big complex mode or anything like that.  But it works very
well for me.

What would be needed to make the MLton error format friendly to emacs?
Perhaps a simple sed postprocessor could massage MLton's format into
what's needed?