[MLton] MLTon speed (Languages Shootout)

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:55:21 -0800 (PST)

--- Alexandre <Xlex0x835@rambler.ru> wrote:
> just see updated computer language shootout
> benchmark and it seems that SML/NJ implementation
> became faster... I mean that there is no such big
> perfomance lag as it was later. Can you comment this
> (I'm just curious why)?

Part of the reason is that Matthias Blume has been
sending me updated implementations of the benchmarks.

We also switched to using CM files to control the
build of the SML/NJ test program, which might allow
for
tweaking of some performance options.

Of course, I'm happy to do the same for MLton and have
been talking with Steven about supporting MLB files
for MLton.

-Brent