[MLton] mingwows

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:38:49 +1100

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 11:48 -0800, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> > > I'm wondering what advantage the bat script has over the standard
> > > MLton script that can be run in MSYS?  Would there really be people
> > > who have MinGW but not MSYS,
> >
> > Absolutely. Me.
>
> My question was not clear enough.  By "people" I meant typical windows
> users that want to run MLton on their Windows machine and use it to
> generate executables that run on Windows.

That sounds like a contradiction  to me: "typical Windows user"
and "Uses MLton".. :)

A typical Windows developer will be using MSVC++ anyhow.
And they will be expecting a *binary* package, not source.

Try www.advancedinstaller.com, which I use for Felix,
it can make an MSI package in seconds and is
completely free.

MSVC++ is also available free (though it is a bit
hard to find).