[MLton] Evolving SML

Stephen Weeks sweeks@sweeks.com
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:12:56 -0700

Now that everyone has been notified of the existence of this thread,
it seems to me that instead of discussion taking place on this huge
ad-hoc list (which includes multiple other lists with overlapping
members), it should be moved to a single list.  Anyone who wants to
follow the discussion can join that list.  The obvious candidate is
sml-implementers, except that it seems to have fallen into
disuse/disrepair.  The next most obvious candidate is
sml-basis-discuss, which appears to work.  I propose that Matthias,
who started this thread, decide on a (publicly joinable) list to move
this discussion to, repair or create it if necessary, and send a final
message to the ad-hoc list announcing his decision.