[MLton] can mlbasis rename the top-level?

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:36:56 +0200

Using the MLB files to rename structures is very useful.
However, what about things at the top-level?

If a library exports '$' at the top-level, can I move it?
I mean something  like:

local
   libdemo.mlb (* exports $ at the top-level *)
in
   structure Demo = *
   mycode.sml (* expects $ placed in Demo.$ *)
end

I want all of the top-level stuff defined in libdemo.mlb put
inside a single structure, out of my top-level namespace.
This is the sort of problem I thought MLB files solve, but I
can't figure out how to do this from the documentation.