[MLton] can mlbasis rename the top-level?

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen@cs.helsinki.fi
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 03:11:08 +0300

Quoting Stephen Weeks <sweeks@sweeks.com>:
> > Or take "}>}" as the closing delimiter.
>
> :-).  Yes, that definitely is easiest, for all tools involved.  I'm
> fine with that if others are.

I'm not convinced that implementation difficulty should be the most
important concern. I'd rather have a coherent language than one that
is the easiest to parse. The MLB syntax already uses mostly keywords
as delimiters. If symbolic delimiters are preferred, then is it really
that much more difficult to use plain parentheses, ( and ), as
delimiters like ML-Yacc does (but recognizing string literals and
comments)?

-Vesa Karvonen