[MLton] MLton on Cygwin

Michael Norrish Michael Norrish <Michael.Norrish@nicta.com.au>
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:56:21 +1000

Stephen Weeks writes:

> I've made some progress getting MLton working on Cygwin again. [...]

Is there any prospect of MLton ever working on Windows without Cygwin?

Or, to really get to the crux of it, would MLton+Cygwin generated
executables on Windows also require the cygwin DLL when executed
elsewhere?

When (the optimist in me refuses to correct that to an "if") HOL is
ported to run with MLton, I'd really hate to lose the minimal
requirements we impose on our Windows users (they just have to install
Moscow ML, which can be done with a self-installing executable).

Michael.