[MLton] can mlbasis rename the top-level?

Michael Norrish Michael Norrish <Michael.Norrish@nicta.com.au>
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:24:19 +1000

Ray Racine writes:
> Another wild thought.

> One could invert ( subvert :) ) the whole process.  Don't embed SML in
> the MLB grammer, embed the MLB in SML.  Use a similar approach to the
> SML/NJ Quote/AntiQuote (shades of Scheme) solution where the backquote
> is used to delimit quotations of MLB grammer within SML and is no longer
> a valid symbol character.  This deviation would only occur if a -mlb
> flag is specified OR the mlton target file ends in the mlb extension.

Losing both the ^ and ` characters for SML identifiers would play
merry havoc with all the FRU code that has been bouncing backwards and
forwards on the list recently.

(I've been watching it and wondering how much we really need to do
antiquoting in HOL anyway :-)

Michael.