[MLton] Debain Sparc

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:53:45 -0700

> Problems like this will happen again in the future.
> (For example, the '-malign-jumps=2' options)
> What can we do about it?

Years ago we had a way to let one clear the cc options, but it is no
longer possible, as far as I can tell.  I guess we could make -cc-opt
'' clear them.  And similarly for -target-cc-opt ''.  But perhaps the
cure is worse than the disease in this case.  Maybe this kind of
bootstrapping problem is rare enough that we should just address it
manually when it when it arises.

> BTW, what's up with 'MLton MLTONVERSION (...)'
> Shouldn't the version info be getting set?

Yes.  There was a bug that was fixed on 20050826, just after the
dupload.  At least, the 20050906 package I built seems to do the right
thing.  If the bug is still around, please let me know.