[MLton] cygwoes

Tom Murphy tom7@cs.cmu.edu
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:29:08 -0400 (EDT)

Any word on the cygwin problem? I am in a bit of a jam because we want to
release our software on windows probably next week. Unfortunately, it
doesn't seem to be possible to download an old version of cygwin that is
compatible with mlton.

I tried bootstrapping the SVN version with nj, but the process fails with
a similar message:

call to system failed with signal B:
gcc -c -I/usr/lib/mlton/include -O1 -fno-strict-aliasing
-fomit-frame-pointer -w
 -fno-strength-reduce -fschedule-insns -fschedule-insns2
-malign-functions=5 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-loops=2 -mcpu=pentiumpro -o /tmp/fileCft7R0.o
/tmp/filezdleO3.1.c
Error: cannot upgrade basis because the compiler doesn't work
make[2]: *** [upgrade-basis.sml] Error 1

I'm willing to try to fix this if someone can give me a tip on what it
might be. Or is the release right around the corner?

Thanks,

 Tom

[ NEW! : http://tom7.org/       ]
[ OLD! : http://fonts.tom7.com/ ]