[MLton] cygwoes

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:27:41 -0700

> Hmm, I think we are thinking about different problems. My problem is that
> although old mlton-compiled programs appear to work fine with the new
> cygwin, I am unable to compile any new programs (even the empty program)
> because mlton fails to invoke gcc. Do you think that these problems with
> the runtime are the cause, or is that another cygwin show-stopper that I
> don't know about?

I point out that MLton is an old mlton-compiled program that fails to
work with the new Cygwin.  In any case, I don't know if the problems
are related, but I think it is more fruitful to attack the problem
with MLton svn HEAD, since then you (and everyone else) will be able
to use the new MLton to compile programs on Cygwin.

As another stopgap, you could use mlton -stop g and then call gcc by
hand, since that works for you.