[MLton] MLton Installation question

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:34:57 +0200

On Apr 12, 2006, at 1:54 PM, Christian Urban wrote:
> Matthew Fluet writes:
>> While you can bootstrap from SML/NJ, you would be much better off
>> starting from a MLton binary.  But, we don't seem to have a Linux/
>> PowerPC
>> binary availabe.  If you are using Debian, there are binary
>> packages of
>> the latest MLton release in testing and unstable for PowerPC.
>
> Thanks for the help. I do not use debian, but I could
> use the deb-package to bootstrap.

The MLton powerpc deb is here:
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mlton/
mlton_20060213-1_powerpc.deb

You can read a .deb from any *nix. Just do: 'ar x the-package.deb'
That will give you a data.tar.gz which includes the directory tree.
Presumably that should be enough for you to get a working MLton.