[MLton] Porting problems

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:59:21 -0700

> I did a "make clean; make all-no-docs".  After that, I even installed
> the produced compiler on my system to make sure I'm not somehow using
> the original non-modified version instead of my modified version.

Hmm.  Here are some questions and things to try.

What change did you make to platform.sml (send the patch file)?

Did you make the MLton.OS.Platform.t change to all of the following?

  basis-library/misc/primitive.sml
  basis-library/mlton/platform.sml
  bin/upgrade-basis
  lib/mlton-stubs/mlton.sml

What does build/lib/target-map look like?

Try "strings build/lib/mlton-compile" to make sure "HPUX" (or whatever
you called it) appears.

Add "-verbose 1" to the call to mlton on line 113 of add-cross to
verify the version that is running.