[MLton] MacOS linking broken?

John Reppy jhr at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 6 21:30:22 PST 2006

It appears that linking MLton programs with Mac OS X frameworks is
broken in the
latest SVN revision (it was working in r4796).  When I try to compile
a program
that compiled before, I get errors like the following:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_glBegin
_glClear
_glClearColor
_glColor3f
_glEnd
_glLightModelfv
_glLoadIdentity
_glMatrixMode
_glOrtho
_glShadeModel
_glVertex3f
_glutCreateWindow
_glutDisplayFunc
_glutInitDisplayMode
_glutInitWindowSize
_glutKeyboardFunc
_glutMainLoop
_glutSwapBuffers
_glutInit

Did something change in the compiler that might account for this
problem?  The actual linking
commands look almost identical:

OLD:
       gcc -o triangle /tmp/fileeUELQt.o /tmp/filegsk2yH.o \
           /Users/jhr/Work/hacking/sml3d/glut/glut-glue.o \
           -L/Users/jhr/Work/mlton/mlton.OLD/build/lib/self -lmlton -
L/sw/lib \
           -lgmp -lgdtoa -lm -framework GLUT -framework OpenGL -
framework \
           Foundation

NEW:
       gcc -o triangle /tmp/fileZ7FdMM.o /tmp/fileL3aAgK.o \
           /Users/jhr/Work/hacking/sml3d/glut/glut-glue.o \
           -L/Users/jhr/Work/mlton/mlton/build/lib/self -lmlton -L/sw/
lib \
           -lgdtoa -lm -lgmp \
           -framework GLUT -framework OpenGL -framework Foundation

	- John