[MLton] x86_64 port status

Ville Laurikari ville@laurikari.net
Sun, 7 May 2006 17:11:38 +0300

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 07:51:31AM -0400, Matthew Fluet wrote:
> The PRIxPTR macro is the printf format specifier for printing uintptr_t in
> hex.  It is supposed to be defined by <inttypes.h>.  I would add
>
> #define PRIxPTR "x"
>
> to cenv.h under an approprate ifdef.

Wouldn't it be better to put it in the appropriate platform specific
header file?  So far the platform specific parts in the runtime have
been isolated quite well to code under the `platform' subdirectory.

In my opinion, any more than one or two platform ifdefs warrants
refactoring the code so that they can be abstracted away to platform
specific headers and implementations.

Adding ifdefs here and there is a nice and comfortable slope to a
maintainability and portability nightmare.

--
http://www.iki.fi/vl/