[MLton] x86_64 port status

Ville Laurikari ville@laurikari.net
Sun, 7 May 2006 19:04:38 +0300

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 08:44:31AM -0700, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> Relevant to that, I noticed that gen-types.c included cenv.h rather
> than platform.h.  I was wondering why.  For Solaris it caused me to
> duplicate a couple of #ifs that were nicely handled by the platform/*
> stuff.  It seems like it would be better to include platform.h if at
> all possible.

I'm trying to get the x86_64 branch to compile on HP-UX, and noticed
the same problem.  My gut reaction, adding #include "platform.h" to
gen-types.c, didn't help since it seems that platform.h depends on
c-types.h (generated by gen-types).   So including platform.h from
gen-types.c causes a cyclic dependency.

This is unfortunate, as it forces duplication of platform specific
#ifs unless something is refactored.  As of yet I have no proposal on
what to refactor and how, though.

--
http://www.iki.fi/vl/