[MLton] x86_64 branch runtime compiles on HPPA/HP-UX

Ville Laurikari ville@laurikari.net
Sun, 28 May 2006 11:24:39 +0300

Hi,

The runtime compiles on HPPA/HP-UX.  I didn't have to touch anything
but platform/hpux.[ch], so good job!

I do get some warnings still, which I don't think can be cured in
hpux.h.  We've seen these before, though:

In file included from gc.c:38:
gc/generational.c: In function 'createCardMapAndCrossMap':
gc/generational.c:156: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
gc/generational.c: In function 'resizeCardMapAndCrossMap':
gc/generational.c:180: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
In file included from gc.c:45:
gc/int-inf.c: In function 'IntInf_toString':
gc/int-inf.c:360: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
gc/int-inf.c:364: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
bytecode/interpret.c: In function 'interpret':
bytecode/interpret.c:416: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
basis/Real/modf.c: In function 'Real64_modf':
basis/Real/modf.c:10: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type

There are no other warnings left on HPPA/HP-UX.   All of these
warnings seem to come from casting stuff to the `pointer' type.  Did
we already come to a conclusion about what would be the best ways to
get rid of these?

The HP-UX machine I'm doing this on doesn't have enough memory to
boostrap the compiler, so I'll need to cross compile to run
regressions.

--
http://www.iki.fi/vl/