[MLton] NetBSD limits

Jesper Louis Andersen jlouis@mongers.org
Mon, 29 May 2006 20:18:24 +0200

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 13:08 -0400, Matthew Fluet wrote:
> Anyone know how to adjust process limits in NetBSD?  I can't seem to mmap
> more than 120M, which is insufficient for a self-compile.

Of course :)

1.

Use vipw(8) to set your login class in /etc/passwd and its shadow db
(/etc/master.passwd). Man page is passwd(5).

2.

Create /etc/login.conf to contain a capability on the resource limits
which suits you. Refer to the class from before. Relevant man-page is
login.conf(5).

3.

Run cap_mkdb on the login.conf file to get its (hash-table) capability
database built. man page: cap_mkdb(1).

4.

Login with the user. Verify everything is right with ulimit and that the
capability database gets read correctly.

5.

fixpoint(Compile-MLton).

Jesper