[MLton] Re: [MLton-commit] r4624

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Mon, 29 May 2006 23:59:05 -0400 (EDT)

> OpenBSD 3.9 adds C99 stdint.h and inttypes.h and changes the signedness
> of clock_t; these are changes from OpenBSD 3.8

It would be nice to take OpenBSD 3.9 as the OpenBSD version for
the next release; C99 headers are a much saner environment.

If we really want to support older versions, we can probably work around
the headers with cpp #ifdef hackery (it would be especially nice if
someone knows of a #define constant corresponding to the OpenBSD version),
but I don't know how best to handle the signedness change in
basis-library/config/c/x86-openbsd/c-types.sml.  Its probably o.k. to lie
about the signedness (since signd and unsigned 32-bit integers are handled
the same by the C calling convention).