[MLton] writing a book?

Henry Cejtin henry.cejtin at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 14 15:40:16 PST 2006

Re the Shipman book, which I agree was a good start, I managed to find a copy
some where on the web after it vanished from its original site.  If you want,
I could put it some where on the MLton site.  From the copyright notice on
page 3, it looks like that would be legal:

        Unix System Programming with Standard ML
        Copyright 2001 by Anthony L. Shipman
        Version: 0.1, Mar 2002
        Permission  is granted for you to make copies of this version
        of this book for educational purposes but the copies may  not
        be  sold  or  otherwise used for direct commercial advantage.
        This permission is granted provided that this  copyright  and
        permission  notice  is  preserved  on  all copies.  All other
        rights are reserved.  While every precaution has  been  taken
        in  the  preparation  of  this  book,  the  author assumes no
        responsibility  for  errors  or  omissions,  or  for  damages
        resulting from the use of the information contained herein