[MLton] Shebangs and MinGW

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen at cs.helsinki.fi
Mon Nov 20 11:26:33 PST 2006

I'm trying to build MLton under MinGW and the first thing that I ran into
was that the shell scripts in (MLton's) bin use shebangs
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)) that don't work under my
minimal MinGW installation.  DISCLAIMER: I just recently started playing
with MinGW.  Anyway, to make the scripts runable on my MinGW installation
I changed all the shebangs to #!/bin/sh.  On my MinGW installation,
/bin/env exists and /bin/sh is GNU bash, but there is no binary named bash
in the path.  So, changing to #!/bin/env bash, would not work directly.

Would changing the shebangs to #!/bin/sh make sense?
Or is my MinGW installation abnormal?

-Vesa Karvonen