[MLton] Shebangs and MinGW

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen at cs.helsinki.fi
Tue Nov 21 01:25:36 PST 2006

Quoting "Wesley W. Terpstra" <wesley at terpstra.ca>:

> On Nov 20, 2006, at 8:26 PM, Vesa Karvonen wrote:
> > On my MinGW installation,
> > /bin/env exists and /bin/sh is GNU bash, but there is no binary
> > named bash
> > in the path.  So, changing to #!/bin/env bash, would not work
> > directly.
>
> The first thing I do after installing MinGW is to link bash to sh.
> IMO, it's a bug not to have the bash binary when it is bash.

Thanks.  That seems to work.

The next issue I ran into was already discussed on the MLton list:

  http://mlton.org/pipermail/mlton/2006-May/028742.html

I also noticed that replacing just a couple of files doesn't do the
trick, so I just replaced the (entire) basis library with the latest
version.   Not sure whether it will work.  It is going to take some
time to compile - if it actually finishes on the poor (512MB) machine.

-Vesa Karvonen