[MLton] Vendor branches (for maintaining ckit, mlnlffi, etc... ports)

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu Nov 23 08:59:46 PST 2006

Have you considered using vendor branches, see

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.vendorbr.html

for maintaining the various external library and tool ports to MLton?

Using vendor branches would allow for better tracking of changes and
probably help with merging.

I was thinking about trying to add support for calling conventions
specifiers (__stdcall, __cdecl) to ckit and mlnlffigen.

>From my perspective, one nice thing about using vendor branches would be
that I could develop the extensions "as usual".  I wouldn't have to use
any special patching techniques, take extra copies of the sources or
remember not to use make clean.

-Vesa Karvonen