[MLton] compile mlton using SML/NJ

Matthew Fluet fluet at cs.cornell.edu
Sun Oct 8 16:46:22 PDT 2006

> That helped a bit.  My next problem was that mllex and mlyacc are
> expected to compile the front end.  I tried changing them to ml-lex
> and ml-yacc, but the generated lexer code doesn't type check.
> I suspect that this problem is because the code expects an Int
> structure that does not conform to the SML'97 Basis specification
> (i.e., one with an Int.t type).

The real issue is that for the SML/NJ compile, we use some stubs to make
the Basis Library modules provided by SML/NJ look like they have 'int' ==
'Int.int' == 'Int32.int'.

Anyways, the solution is pretty much the same as before.  Generate the
files on a machine with MLton's tools and copy them over.  I've included
ones from my machine.