[MLton] r4723: Initial commit of the extended basis library

Stephen Weeks sweeks at sweeks.com
Wed Oct 18 16:25:35 PDT 2006

Here's a few comments on the commit.

I wonder if using a suffix of "Iso" on the isomorphisms,
e.g. "Char.intIso", would be a nice convention.

Which is preferable, "isZero" or "is0"?  For some reason, the latter
grates on me, possibly because I am used to seeing integer suffixes
distinguish related variables (x0, x1, x2, ...).

In MkIntegerExt, the definition of isEven, it would be faster to use
"rem (i, fromInt 2)" than "i mod fromInt 2".

I saw the "svn:eol-style native", which we haven't been using.  It
seems like a good thing, though.  Does anyone know of any problems
with it?  Should we make it convention to put it on all files?