[MLton] Hmmm.... ML

Daniel C. Wang danwang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sat Oct 21 19:28:35 PDT 2006

If you wanted me to ship something today, I'd use F#, C#, or Ocaml in
that order of preference.
However, if you wanted for my system to be a reference that will live
around for several years and has to be understood by the widest set of
people, I'd choose SML. Then I make sure it compiled under Hamlet,
MLton, and SML/NJ.

The Ecmascript stuff is all about avoiding writing some hairy spec of
the language and replacing it with code. I.e. it's meant mainly to be
read and understood. It's a nice and important side effect that you can
actually compile and run it.