[MLton] MLton on intel mac

Eric McCorkle eric at shadowsun.net
Sat Sep 16 08:12:35 PDT 2006

Hello,

I've been working on trying to get MLton to run on Intel macs.  I
think I've resolved most of the issues, and the last one facing me is
the alignment of stack frames.

The Mach-O dyld library uses sse instructions, among them movaqs.
This causes general protection traps if it attempts to save to a
stack address not aligned on a 16-byte boundary.

This is probably a one-liner, but I'm just not familiar with the
compiler's internals enough to know how to change it quickly.  If
someone could demonstrate this, I could probably have an intel mac
build up and running fine.

Thanks.

--
Eric McCorkle,