[MLton] MLton library project

Henry Cejtin henry.cejtin at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 29 06:13:21 PDT 2006

I'm  not  so much talking about what level of granularity that you write MLBs
for, but for the actual dependencies on altered versions of  things.   As  an
example, in the MLton library, all structures that define types name the type
t, and functions aren't curried.  This means that if some library  file  uses
lists,  and needs to do a map, if it uses the basis List.map then it needs to
be curried.  If not then it needs to depend on the MLton library  version  of
map.

I don't know which way is better, since I REALLY much prefer the MLton style,
but it means that if you want to give some one some STANDARD ML program,  you
end up having to include almost all of the MLton library.