[MLton] A few patches we had to apply to port from version 20030716 to 20051202 and for the MinGW port

Nicolas Bertolotti nicolas.bertolotti at polyspace.com
Mon Apr 2 11:06:47 PDT 2007

> Ahh.  You thinking of the situation where you build MLton (in
> particular, libmlton.a) and a mlton compiled executable on Solaris 7 and
>   then move the executable over to a Solaris 8 (9, 10) machine.  In
> which case, yes, it would be nice to take advantage of MAP_ANON on the
> newer version.

Exactly ... we cross-compile all our binaries to have them compatible with
Solaris 7 but we also want them to run with an other version.

> I'm a little confused by your comments.  I thought you were in favor of
> reducing the overhead of the MLton_initSockets() function being called
> multiple times.  But here you seem to be saying that you don't think the
> optimization is important.

Sorry, I just wanted to say that it certainly is possible to optimize a bit
and it's fine if someone wants to implement it but it's not going to change
the world ;-)