[MLton] Re: mingw and solaris

Bernard Berthomieu Bernard.Berthomieu at laas.fr
Wed Dec 19 04:44:52 PST 2007

Hello,

Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> The current release mingw does not include gettimeofday, it's the
> snapshot versions that include it. Also, other versions of mingw
> rename the symbol in mingwex, because it conflicts with libiberty (or
> so a nearby comment said, I don't know the details).
I downloaded and run the MinGW-5.1.3.exe installer on page:

Isn't that the current release ?
> If you link with libmingwex, you will get additional symbols which
> mlton doesn't need.
Not sure it is a problem. A clever linker should only pick what's needed.
> The solution in my win64 patch is: #define gettimeofday
> This works on all mingw versions.
Probably, same effects as deleting the declaration of gettimeofday in
mingw.h.
Since gettimeofday returns an int, its declaration can be omitted.

  BB.