[MLton] Patch ready

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Sun Feb 11 14:44:44 PST 2007

On Feb 11, 2007, at 11:38 PM, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2007, at 11:26 PM, Matthew Fluet wrote:
>> Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
>>> More worrying, however, is that the executable is bugged! It runs
>>> three times in a row on my system. All three runs are successful,
>>> and terminate at test43, but it should only be running once!
>> I don't get this behavior at all.
>
> I'm going to assume you mean it doesn't happen for you, as opposed
> to you don't understand it.
>
> After doing a 'svn update; make clean; make' with the mlton-unicode-
> v3.patch applied, i run (on an intel machine):
>> terpstra at dakar:/tmp/mlton/mlton/regression$ ../build/bin/mlton
>> widechar.sml
>> terpstra at dakar:/tmp/mlton/mlton/regression$ ./widechar

God lord. Forget I wrote this email! *laughing my ass off*

It's because on the Intel machine I kept on doing 'svn revert -R . ;
patch -p0 < ~/mlton-unicode-v3.sml'.
This kept appending the file to itself on each application. It also
did it to default/default-widechar{16,32}.sml, but this was harmless.