[MLton] Windows port of MLton using the Microsoft tools (e.g. without MinGW)

Nicolas Bertolotti nicolas.bertolotti at polyspace.com
Thu Jul 26 07:43:25 PDT 2007

In order to do it fast, I first built the library for MinGW using the
automake system.

Then, I used the build log in order to write a Makefile that does the same
thing but uses cl.exe instead of gcc.

Finally, I had to fix some instances of the "long long" type and a few
things in the config.h file in order to use the generic C version of some
functions rather than the assembly code version.

You'll find a patch for gmp-4.2.1 in attachement.

Nico

P.S. : The Makefile is designed for GNU Make. I run the build from a Cygwin
shell.