[MLton] Re: [MLton-commit] r5662

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Sat Jun 23 05:43:43 PDT 2007

Matthew William Cox wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 12:19:24PM +0300, Ville Laurikari wrote:
>> The AIX/PPC port is being used.  We (SSH) are probably the only one
>> using it so far, though :)
>
> Hmm, I've been trying to get mlton running on LinuxPPC. Couldn't find
> any binaries

I know that Debian has a ppc-linux package:
   http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/mlton
If you are on a Debian compatible distribution, you may be able to
apt-get it.  Otherwise, you might try to forcibly extract the contents
of the Debian package for a local install (I don't know how to do this,
but I'm sure there is a way).

 > so I figured I'd have to try building the compiler to C
> some how, then compiling over on my powerbook. Good to know it's not
> tied to OS X on PPC.

If you need to port to a new platform, the instructions may be found at:
   http://www.mlton.org/PortingMLton
Note that following these instructions don't require you to install a
cross compiling gcc.

If I get a chance, I'll try to put together a script that encapsulates
the Bootstrap portion of the process.