[MLton] Cross compile on ARM successful

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 06:55:01 PDT 2007

I cross compiled the MLton runtime for ARM-linux and it's currently
running fine on some embedded devices.  It was a bit tough because I
had to manually go through and do the steps in "add-cross" (the
embedded machines don't have gcc!) and I had to apply a few hacks to
the code, but it works fine.

By the way, are there any incantations that can turn off all
optimizations in the compiler and simply maximize compilation speed?
Maybe most people simply use SML/nj for prototyping, but I'm now
dependent on the MLton FFI...

Thanks,
-Ryan