[MLton] Some issues with MLton on MinGW

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen at cs.helsinki.fi
Sat Mar 3 12:08:58 PST 2007

Quoting Matthew Fluet <fluet at tti-c.org>:

[on socket problems]
> >   Note that all of this is on MinGW under Windows -- it might work
> >   fine on Unix/Linux.
[...]
> It would be nice to know if things do work fine on Unix/Linux; if it
> does not, then we'd at least know that it is a pervasive problem with
> the Basis Library implementation, rather than just a platform
> compatability issue.

I believe that the problems are not specific to MinGW.  My toy smlbot
(which I'm hoping to restructure using the Async library and then add
to mltonlib as an example of how to use the Async lib) stopped working
with MLton (on Debian Testing/Linux) at some point.  Also, the bug
reported by Anders Peterson

  http://mlton.org/pipermail/mlton/2006-December/029465.html

does not seem to be MinGW specific.

-Vesa Karvonen