[MLton] Experimental 64-bit binary package (& SVN sources)

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Sat Mar 3 14:46:01 PST 2007

skaller wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 19:41 -0600, Matthew Fluet wrote:
>
>> Please try running mlton.debug.  Assuming you get the same "Floating
>> point exception", please modify the /usr/bin/mlton.debug script to
>> invoke mlton-compile under gdb.  In the doit() function, change
>>    exec "$mlton" @MLton ...
>>    exec gdb "$mlton" --args @MLton ...
>>
>> Then run mlton.debug and hopefully this will identify where the SIGFPE
>> is coming from.
>
> Without gdb, I still get the FPE. But with gdb I get this:
>
> skaller at rosella:/work/mlton/usr$ bin/mlton.debug
> GNU gdb 6.4.90-debian
> (gdb) run
> Starting program:

> No executable file specified.
> Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.

I misread the gdb documentation.  In the doit() function of the
/usr/bin/mlton.debug script, you should change:
    exec "$mlton" @MLton ...
    exec gdb --args "$mlton" @MLton ...

That starts up mlton-compile.debug under gdb for me.  Of course, it may
not help if gdb doesn't recognize the executable in the first place.