[MLton] A few mllex patches

Florian Weimer fweimer at bfk.de
Wed Nov 7 11:56:40 PST 2007

* Matthew Fluet:

> I wonder if the "%largefile" directive would be better as a
> "%posint {identifier}" directive to allow setting an arbitrary integer
> structure for the yypos variable.  You could acheive the effect of the
> "%largefile" directive with "%posint Int64", but you could also
> conveniently do "%posint Position" or "%posint LargeInt".

The idea behind %largefile was that different SML implementations
could choose different types (some might want to use Int63 instead of
Int64, for instance).  But I'm fine with %posint as well because the
%largeint approach is unlikely to work out in practice.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99