[MLton] More on Parallel Runtime

Eric McCorkle ericmcc at cs.brown.edu
Tue Oct 23 09:38:38 PDT 2007

On Oct 20, 2007, at 3:40 PM, Philip Schatz wrote:

(clipped)

Another point which I need to address is the write barrier which the
Cheng-Blelloch algorithm needs, and I believe any semispace algorithm
also requires.

My first intuition was to have a global variable which holds the
state of affairs in the heap (use slot 1, use slot 2, use both
slots).  I don't like that this makes writes more expensive, though.
Also, it has to be modified for generational collection.

Have you dealt with this at all (or does anyone else have any ideas)?

--
Eric McCorkle
Brown University