FW: [MLton] Working: MLton/Win64 toolchain

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Mon Aug 11 16:27:06 PDT 2008

First, sorry about the multiple spammed replies! Gmail told me it was
failing to send and to come back later. When I came back later and sent the
definitive copy of my reply, I found that all my earlier clicks had also
succeeded. Oops.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Nicolas Bertolotti <
Nicolas.Bertolotti at mathworks.fr> wrote:

> You can't see it in the sample but the original piece of code on which I
> observed the crash is from the "zlib" … and I thought I would not need to
> modify it.

Have you tried removing the -lkernel32? Does that suffice?

> You mentioned that you faced a similar issue with GMP. Did you submit a bug
> report to the GCC team?

Well, the right people to submit the bug report to are the mingw-w64 people,
specifically Kai Tietz. I didn't, because at the time I hacked around the
GMP problems gcc was so broken that it hardly seemed a useful report. ;-)
Now it's a lot better and maybe he should know about this. For gmp, the
problem was alloca (which also allocates on the stack). Fortunately, gmp had
a compile-time option to change it's use of alloca to malloc.