[MLton] MLton/MinGW installer on Experimental

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Sun Aug 24 20:48:46 PDT 2008

I've added some scripts to package/mlton that build an MSI installer for
MLton. You'll find this installer on <http://mlton.org/Experimental>. It's
40MB and bundles MinGW with it. Not much to say really, except that it works
and is rather cool to see in action. =) Should hopefully make installing
MLton on windows completely painless.

That installer doesn't make any start menu entries or desktop icons, though
this is easy. I just didn't know what we would want put there, so did
nothing for now. Probably some sort of links to documentation or the website
should go in the start menu. I'm not sure what a 'MLton' icon should do,
except maybe just starting up msys.bat. Speaking of which, I need a MLton
icon. ;-)

Enjoy.