[MLton] Ongoing parallel runtime work

Jesper Louis Andersen jesper.louis.andersen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 09:33:56 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 5:55 PM, Matthew Fluet <fluet at tti-c.org> wrote:

> The appropriate place for work-in-progress would be a subversion branch.
> Our convention has been to make branches with the name
> "on-YYYYMMDD-NAME-branch".  For subversion, you would do something like:

For smaller changes, where branches are inapopriate, let me turn your
attention on the quilt(1) shell script suite:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/quilt

Originally concieved by Linux kernel developer Andrew Morton, it is a set of
scripts to maintain a stack of patches against sources. Patches can be
pushed and popped from the stack as well as ``refreshed'', that is updated
with new content. The neat thing is that you can keep on working on a set of
changes you wish to do on a source code repository, working up and down the
stack and refreshing until things are ready to go into the main repository.
The tool is strictly orthogonal to usual Change Management in general.

For the emacs users, theres even an .el for emacs to make it easy.