[MLton] Re: [MLton-commit] r7033

Ville Laurikari ville at laurikari.net
Sun Apr 5 06:29:02 PDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 08:38:08AM -0500, Matthew Fluet wrote:
> I don't think this is a good idea.  It forces the Basis Library
> archive to carry around values that are only used by mlnlffi-lib.
> This means that these constants need to be available on every
> platform, regardless of whether or not that platform supports libdl
> (some may not).

All of the platforms we currently support (AIX, Darwin, FreeBSD,
HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, did I forget anything?) do have a
libdl of some sort.  But yes, I see your point, there is probably some
interesting platform out there which doesn't have it.

What would you suggest as an alternative?  Perhaps a of small C
program which generates an .sml file for the mlnlffi-lib would be
better?  If you think something that would be OK, I can change it to
do that instead...

--
http://laurikari.net/ville/