[MLton] Windows 7 x64 vs MLton r7999

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Fri Jul 10 04:09:46 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Matthew Fluet <fluet at tti-c.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
>
>> * msys uses an rxvt.exe which does not work under Windows7. Using msys
>> -norxvt fixed this. I'll either modify the msys.bat to disable rxvt.exe or
>> find a fixed rxvt.exe.
>>

> What purpose does msys.bat serve in the context of a MLton-NNNN.msi
> distribution?

It works from the windows shell (cmd.exe), the double-click compiling of
mlb/sml files in explorer / elsewhere, and the way MLton gets invoked from
other windows apps (like eclipse).

ie: It works in all the places where you are using MLton as a native windows
compiler and not from some unix-like shell. The people in my office use
mlton.bat almost exclusively. "I don't need that UNIX shit!" (obviously not
my opinion)