[MLton] Problem with recent implementation of gettimeofday() on MinGW

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Tue Jul 21 16:35:12 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Nicolas Bertolotti <
Nicolas.Bertolotti at mathworks.fr>

> Then, the only thing that we actually need is to use the “double” type.

I've committed this fix and some conditional code tho handle the case that
someone has an even faster performance timer than yours. The gettimeofday
should now be good until unix time wraps around. The internal representation
is good for some 500,000 years or 100 years for a single run of a program.
Both are larger than the time till the unix clock wraps around, so
gettimeofday will break due to the API first.