[MLton] Re: link mlton statically?

Matthew Fluet matthew.fluet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 08:40:18 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Moritz Wilhelmy <moritz at wzff.de> wrote:
> would you please link the official mlton build statically against libgmp? my
> distribution does not install the ancient version the official build is linked
> against. ghc is also linked statically in the binary distribution, so it at
> least works everywhere.. I think the same could be done with mlton.
>
> Kind regards,
> Moritz Wilhelmy

I've put statically linked builds of mlton on the release page.
(These are compiled with "-static", so they are completely statically
linked, not just to gmp.)

For the record, though, GMP 4.3.2 is hardly ancient.  It was released
in January 2010, is described as the current "stable" release on
gmplib.org, and is the version that ships with Ubuntu 10.04.
Furthermore, my understanding is that GMP 5.0 is binary compatible
with GMP 4.x, so I would expect it to work with a GMP 5.0 install.