[MLton] mlton.org server

Steve Sims sims at reactive-systems.com
Fri Apr 15 14:01:59 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Matthew Fluet <matthew.fluet at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, fusionforge.org itself is an odd beast.  It is an instance of the
> FusionForge platform, but it hosts only the FusionForge project.
> http://forge.ocamlcore.org/ is perhaps a better example of the
> platform in action.

Thanks for the pointer.  That site does look quite nice and makes more sense
to me.  I guess I had not been thinking of this to host many small projects,
but rather mlton, and perhaps a handful of other compiler projects if they
were interested.  However, something like this to host all sorts of SML
related projects could be interesting also (as the referenced site is doing
for OCaml).

The hope is that the various moving parts would be sufficiently
> integrated with the forge platform that the administration burden is
> lessened.  For instance, on Ubuntu 10.04 (and presumably on most
> distributions), there is a "gforge" metapackage that pulls in all the
> necessary packages (mailman, exim4, postgresql, ...).

If it really is as simple as doing "sudo apt-get install gforge" and then
administering through the web interface, that is really amazing and does
make a strong case for this approach.

Steve

--
Steve Sims
Chief Executive Officer - Reactive Systems, Inc.
Email: sims at reactive-systems.com
Phone: (+1) 919-324-3507 ext 101
Web: http://www.reactive-systems.com/