[MLton] ml-lpt-lib in mlton (or rather, *not* in)

Matthew Fluet matthew.fluet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:35:44 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Matthew Fluet <matthew.fluet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Michael Norrish
> <Michael.Norrish at nicta.com.au> wrote:
>> On 25/05/11 05:06, Matthew Fluet wrote:
>>> (Indeed, the ml-ulex tool admits regular expression complement,
>>> intersection, and union, so would admit relatively concise
>>> definitions of alphanumId and symId regular expressions that excluded
>>> the reserved words.)
>>
>> Speaking of ml-ulex, mlton-20100608 (Ubuntu 10.10) has a dangling reference to
>>
>>  /Users/mtf/devel/smlnj/smlnj-110.72/lib/ml-lpt-lib.cm/ml-lpt-lib.mlb
>>
>> in
>>
>>  /usr/lib/mlton/sml/smlnj-lib/JSON/json-lib.mlb
>>
>> Is this fixed in a more recent release?
>
> Not yet.  It's on my TODO to integrate the ml-lpt tools and lib.

In SVN, I've added the ml-lpt lib to the set of libraries distributed
with MLton and also fixed the above dangling reference.  This doesn't
include the ml-lpt tools (ml-ulex and ml-antlr) in the MLton
distribution, but you should be able to use SML/NJ's versions of these
tools (just be sure to use the "--strict-sml" flag with ml-ulex to
avoid the use of vector literals).