[MLton] mlton.org content migration

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Thu Jun 23 17:04:57 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Matthew Fluet <matthew.fluet at gmail.com>wrote:

> I believe that Wesley is referring to some of the e-mail delivery
> options available via Google Apps:

I was imagining an even lower tech solution. Setup mlton.org on google apps
to handle mail. Create a 'mlton' and 'mlton-devel' user. In the user's gmail
settings add a forwarding address to 'mlton at lists.sf.net'.

This forwarding isn't like the 'forward' button in an email client. The mail
is left unchanged but delivered to a new address. (I assume people are aware
that the 'To/CC/etc' fields of an email are just for informational use and
don't actually control the destination of an email)

That said, 'split delivery might work', but I suspect it will leave the
recipient address unmodified. Thus, sf.net will drop the mail as it doesn't
know the address 'mlton at mlton.org'. My low tech proposal would have changed
the delivery address to 'mlton at lists.sf.net' whilst leaving the 'To/etc'
fields showing mlton at mlton.org.